Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer on the Lake

There is nothing like being on the water in the summer. I adore it. Something about the water is so soothing to me. The look of it. The sound. The feel. I am fascinated by it. Last night we took a bunch of the girls with us and went tubing in the canyon. It was pretty crowded, so they spent a lot of time just swimming together by the shore. This left me completely free to snap as many pictures as I wanted of the water. I love how it looks like there are diamonds on the surface just glowing. It brought back all kinds of memories of boating with my dad. I miss him so much. I ache to just hear his voice again. But I feel him there with us when we are on the lake. And can almost, almost hear him laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love water too. One of my favorite things in the entire world is just to go boating. I don't ever jet ski or tube, I just like sitting on the boat, feeling the wind in my hair.

    :)

    ReplyDelete