Saturday, July 25, 2009

29 Days and Counting

The registration packets for school came in the mail this week. There are forms to fill out in multiple and fees waiting to be paid. It's a joyous times for parents, isn't it? In the meantime, it's clear the kids are determined to pack in as much as they can while they still have their freedom. My two oldest are back in town now, one home from visiting her dad in LA and my son back from a week of scout camp ... here we go. The laundry which was nonexistent this morning is now screaming for my attention. The kids, who were so eager to tell us about their latest adventures have disappeared again, one out to a friend's house and the other into a mass of teenage boys and girls who suddenly appeared in our basement this evening. All I'm left with is this pile of their shoes by the front door.I remember exactly what it felt like to be their age though so I don't give them a hard time about it. In fact, I'll even send out a song dedication in their honor. Old school song, new school sound. Here's a little Beastie Boys for you via Andrew Paul Woodworth to wind down the summer. You can get it free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment