Thursday, August 20, 2009

True Story

It's great to be home again and I've missed updating you on the goings-on ... as humdrum as they sometimes are. The ACC Show was a blast and I have all kinds of pictures and details to share later this week, but tonight has been so maternally ironic that I just had to post a nice healthy dose of reality for everyone to, hmm, suffer through with me.

Set up details:
  • Got home Monday
  • Celebrated my birthday Tuesday
  • Spent birthday evening cleaning up vomit from #5's bed, bathroom floor, toilet seat, garbage can, etc. (visualize spaghetti dinner re-run here) 6 hours of this.
  • Wednesday was long and painful running on no sleep, kids were extra 'kid-like' (can't wait for school to start next week)
  • Thursday AM (today) hubby left for Sales Meeting
Now, #4 is sick, only it's coming out both ends at the same time. I got to mop up several pools of vomit and other fluids from the bathroom floor, not to mention the splatter all over the toilet, bathtub skirt and bathroom walls. I think I'm better off not knowing what really happened in there. It's 1:00 am now and I can tell we're no where near the end yet.

The really fun part was taking the trash can out to wash it. I open the front door only to get smacked in the face with skunk. It was truly potent. Someone must have hit one around the corner because our whole neighborhood still wreaks of it. Lovely. Just lovely. And some time tonight the tooth fairy is supposed to make an appearance in the boys' bedroom for #5's front tooth too. Working on the phones tomorrow is going to be less than fun.

I guess I'll go edit roadtrip photos now to share later since this will be another sleepless night. Hope you're having a better time than I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment