Friday, October 23, 2009

80's Flashback

Back to back video posts? Sorry about that, but tonight I just couldn't resist. We just got back from a dinner/movie date with great friends and I have to share. Now normally, just getting a few hours together out of the house is a treat in itself ... but this movie was a complete riot. Somehow, I missed it when it came out in 1984 and had never seen or heard anything about it before tonight. I had NO IDEA what I was in for. Wow! Countless scenes featuring extremely tight pants and gratuitous pelvis shots, the overacting, the earrings and spiked bracelets, bandanas and leg warmers ... see for yourselves.We've come a long way since this B movie's debut. It's funny looking back, isn't it? I completely remember stirrup pants with big sweatshirts and belted button-downs, huge plastic bangles and loud earrings. At one point I even wore an ankle 'bracelet' made from hardware chain that fastened with a big safety pin. (shudder) What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment