Monday, October 26, 2009

Stitch Happy

As promised, here is a peek at one of my latest projects. This completely fantastic Flickr photo was 'borrowed' for a test run. I used my own printer and chose 5"x7" as a test size. The resolution could have been a lot better ... and honestly, I would have them printed professionally for the final piece.
I got the idea from a lovely woman we met at the ACC show who uses authentic vintage photographs, but I wanted to make some with pictures from my own family as displayable keepsakes. I love what the embroidery adds to it. Now, I just need a little more practice and some nice large photos to scan. I would love to embroider favorite quotes, sayings or scriptures. You could even embroider names or dates, anything to make it personal and beautiful.What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment